Personalized Mother’s Day Chalkboard
Decorative chalkboards are popular, practical and useful. Add your own personal touch this year and make one for Mom!
I purchased my supplies from my local Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Store.
1) Magnetic sheet metal or cookie sheet.
2) Krylon Chalkboard Paint
4) Decorative Flowers
5) Open Frame (for chalk board)
6) Deco Art Chalky Finish Paint
7) Metal Letters
8) Hot Glue Gun
*and of course family pictures.
1) Paint your sheet metal or cookie sheet with the chalkboard paint. At least 2 coats and set it aside to dry.
2) Paint your frame. I painted mine with gold spray paint and little turquoise paint before I painted a light coat of the Deco Art Chalky Finish Paint. I wanted mine to look a little rustic.
3) I hot glued the magnets onto the back of my metal letters and to the back of my flowers.
I made a little garland with twine and left over fabric, added my magnets to the board with photos and the gift is done!